With a main stage performance at Bloodstock imminent, the time seemed right to ask guitarist Jamie Thompson – of recently reunited UK Sludge-legends Raging Speedhorn – 10 Questions Of Biblical Proportions….
1. So….what are Raging Speedhorn up to then?
“Quite a bit actually! We’re currently crowd funding for a new record via Pledge Music, cheeky link here – http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/raging-speedhorn. We’re doing Bloodstock festival on the main stage this weekend, plus we’ve announced a short UK tour for November.”
2. Which album/artist/gig/experience made you first realise you ‘Worshipped’ Metal?
“I’ll have to say it was either Appetite For Destruction or Live After Death, the amount of times I’ve shouted “scream for me Grimsby” or similar is a direct result of that album.
3. Name the one album that epitomises Heavy Metal over all others.”
“That’s impossible! Live After Death again, Masters Of Reality, Master Of Puppets, Slippery When Wet…mainly that one.”
4. Which guilty pleasure album do you listen to the most? Be honest now.
“I don’t feel guilty about anything I listen to! Taylor Swifts 1989 has been getting a lot of spins lately, but I don’t care.”
5. You have one opportunity to introduce your band to the entire world, which album from your back catalogue do you blast them away with?
“We Will Be Dead Tomorrow, until the new one comes out that is, then you need to all listen to that instead.”
6. You find yourselves booked on a mammoth, 12 month, non stop, around the world tour, what 5 essential items do you take with you in order to survive?
“Clean Pants, Gaffa Tape, Toothbrush, Guitar and my young pool boy I employ in my Thailand retreat.
7. What’s been your most memorable experience on the road?
“Last summer we were lucky enough to be in very close proximity to Metallica’s washing machines that they bring out on tour with them. That was pretty awesome.”
8. You’re given the chance to handpick the ultimate 4-piece Rock and Metal supergroup (living or deceased). Who’s in the line-up?
“John Bonham – Drums, Joe Walsh – Guitar, Cliff Burton – Bass and let’s have Jerry Lee Lewis on keys and vocals, just to shake it up a bit.”
9. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is blatantly the greatest thing ever invented but what’s the second greatest invention of all time?
10. It turns out Ozzy’s luscious long hair is imbued with time-travelling qualities and just one stroke of his lion’s mane can transport you back to any Rock/Metal gig of your choice. Who do you go and see?
“Guns N Roses at Donington, and I don’t mean the naff one with just Axl.”