After a triumphant – and completely ludicrous – performance at this years Bloodstock festival, Lawnmower Deth’s stock as the comedy kings of Thrash has never been higher. With that in mind, we threw our 10 Questions Of Biblical Proportions their way and the response was – as expected – utterly absurd…..
1. So….what are Lawnmower Deth up to then?
“Currently going though our ‘not talking to each other because we are on a break’ phase….happens in between our extensive touring schedule, there’s a huge amount of ego’s in this band that need to be addressed by doctors and psychologists. If we wrote a book it would be more outrageous than Motley Crue’s The Dirt”
2. Which album/artist/gig/experience made you first realise you ‘Worshipped’ Metal?
“I remember going to see The Sooty Show as a kid…he came on to some banging Metal tune and even though I was a mere 3 years old, I ran down the front and started to bang my head whilst throwing the horns….it was only then that I realised that some man had his hand up sooty’s arse! Things have never been the same since!”
3. Name the one album that epitomises Heavy Metal over all others.
“Ed Stewpot’s Pop Party….listen to that on ’78’!” (it’s a real bloody thing! – Ed)
4. Which guilty pleasure album do you listen to the most? Be honest now.
5. You have one opportunity to introduce your band to the entire world, which album from your back catalogue do you blast them away with?
“The White Album….we never released it because it was better than The Beatles version….they had more money than us and Ringo threatened to take over flymo’s place in the band if we even thought about releasing it!”
6. You find yourselves booked on a mammoth, 12 month, non stop, around the world tour, what 5 essential items do you take with you in order to survive?
“Manty liners / New singer / Defibrillator / Iron Lung / Lager”
7. What’s been your most memorable experience on the road?
“Being woken up by Mr Toilet paper man, somewhere in Holland I think!”
8. You’re given the chance to handpick the ultimate 4-piece Rock and Metal super group (living or deceased). Who’s in the line-up?
“That’s us isn’t it ? Only 4 though? We can always chuck Paddy out again, he won’t mind….he keeps coming back anyway!”
9. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is blatantly the greatest thing ever invented but what’s the second greatest invention of all time?
“Fluffernutter….bring it back I say!”
10. It turns out Ozzy’s luscious long hair is imbued with time-travelling qualities and just one stroke of his lion’s mane can transport you back to any Rock/Metal gig of your choice. Who do you go and see?
“That Sooty Show….damn it was good!”