London based Thrash veterans Virus are currently enjoying a healthy renaissance with recent support slots to the mighty Hirax and European Festival appearances to come.
With a new album entitled Evolution Apocalypse in the works and a rabid audience’s thirst for their 80’s classics Force Recon and Lunacy growing stronger every year, it felt like the right time to throw some Questions of Biblical Proportions Coke Finlay’s (Virus Frontman and all-round Thrash machine) way.
Warning: Do not read on if talk of giant dildo’s offends you (incidentally, if it does you are too easily offended)!
1. So….what are Virus up to then?
“Virus are playing Exit Festival (Serbia), Skulls of Metal Fest (Spain) and FearFest (Birmingham)…new album on the horizon called Evolution Apocalypse”
2. Which album/artist/gig/experience made you first realise you ‘Worshipped’ Metal?
“Motorhead; Bomber Tour”
3. Name the one album that epitomises Heavy Metal over all others.
“Judas Priest’s Screaming for Vengeance”
4. Which guilty pleasure album do you listen to the most? Be honest now.
“The Chuckle brothers greatest hits”
5. You have one opportunity to introduce your band to the entire world, which album from your back catalogue do you blast them away with?
“The next one ;-)”
6. You find yourselves booked on a mammoth, 12 month, non stop, around the world tour. Which five essential items do you take with you in order to survive?
“Vio-lence’s first 2 albums on repeat, my Jackson Kelly, my daughter, my Xbox 360 playing Skyrim and my big black vibrator called LEROY (oh its not goin’ that end Mr Lightbody) haha”
7. What’s been your most memorable experience on the road?
“Pissing all over my managers size 10 suede Pony trainers and Kreators road manager having to fly home after pushing his ballsack up inside him after wanking to a magazine called Squaddie Hunks…true story!!”
8. You’re given the chance to handpick the ultimate 4-piece Rock and Metal supergroup (living or deceased). Who’s in the line-up?
“Gar Samulson/Drums, Billy Sheehan/Bass, Chris Poland/Guitar, Glenn Hughes/Vocals”
9. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is blatantly the greatest thing ever invented but what’s the second greatest invention of all time?
“LEROY haha” (See question 6 if this answer requires clarification – Ed)
10. It turns out Ozzy’s luscious long hair is imbued with time-travelling qualities and just one stroke of his lion’s mane can transport you back to any Rock/Metal gig of your choice. Who do you go and see?
“Lynyrd Skynyrd’s last gig before that fateful crash (best band ever)”