UK Thrash forefather Si Anihilated takes on our 10 Questions Of Biblical Proportions!
1. So….what are Anihilated up to then?
“We are at midpoint in our European tour, on our way back to the UK, with our excellent support, The Outside. We are promoting our new album Anti Social Engineering and enjoying life.”
2. Which album/artist/gig/experience made you first realise you ‘Worshipped’ Metal?
Tough one this but all in all I think it was Motörhead on the Bomber Tour, I missed out on Overkill but Bomber was just plain awesome. It was great to see the Metalheads and Punks just getting on and enjoying the noise.
3. Name the one album that epitomises Heavy Metal over all others.
“No Sleep Til Hammersmith, Motörhead live. Simply the best of its time, raw, loud and balls to the wall. But you could also add Black Sabbath, or many other albums for their influence. If you went to Thrash, my all time favourite is Darkness Descends (Dark Angel).”
4. Which guilty pleasure album do you listen to the most? Be honest now.
“I like Bob Marley and heavy roots reggae. I meditate to world music and natural sounds.”
5. You have one opportunity to introduce your band to the entire world, which album from your back catalogue do you blast them away with?
“Anti Social Engineering, it is our most accessible, viscous and relevant album to date.”
6. You find yourselves booked on a mammoth, 12 month, non stop, around the world tour, what 5 essential items do you take with you in order to survive?
“My children, my wife, beer, soft toilet roll and a laptop.”
7. What’s been your most memorable experience on the road?
“There have been many; the reception we got last night (10th May) in Den Haag being a really great one. But, waking up with icicles hanging from the van roof, snow drifting in through the back doors, driving 450 miles to play to a support band, 1 man and a small dog back in the 80’s. Scaring children when covered in cake and strawberry jam due to a clumsy ex-bass player incident (long story).”
8. You’re given the chance to handpick the ultimate 4-piece Rock and Metal supergroup (living or deceased). Who’s in the line-up?
“Drums, Dave Lombardo, the guy is a machine. Bass, Geezer Butler. Guitar, Hendrix. Vocals, Dio.”
9. Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is blatantly the greatest thing ever invented but what’s the second greatest invention of all time?
“Beer, of course and Veggie Burgers.”
10. It turns out Ozzy’s luscious long hair is imbued with time-travelling qualities and just one stroke of his lion’s mane can transport you back to any Rock/Metal gig of your choice. Who do you go and see?
“I think it would be the Isle Of Wight festival with Jethro Tull, Hendrix, The Who etc…what a line up!!”